Latest Community News News

Gilpin County

Preserving Gilpin’s past

Lynn Hirshman Central City Gilpin County’s Clerk & Recorder, Colleen Stewart, is working hard to preserve the County’s — and the State’s — earliest records. Stewart asked ...
bucket

A Bucket of Bolts

by Jackie Jones To tell you about a bucket of bolts I need to tell you a little bit about my dad. My dad was an incurable dreamer and he was always looking for a way to make a buck. ...
groomed

Groomed dogs look, feel, smell great

Barbara Lawlor Nederland   It’s not just about fashion. It’s about health. Some people would scoff at the notion of having a mountain dog professionally groomed, brushed, bathed, ...
er

Nederland’s own Elephant Revival hasn’t been around for a while

The last local show the roots quintet played was an E-Town live radio show at the Boulder Theatre on Feb. 12. This radio show will be aired from April 26 to April 30 on local ...
owl

Night Owl

Naturally Speaking “Night Owl” Our hardest to find resident bird is the boreal owl. These little balls of feathers are about 10 inches high and weigh less than five ounces. They ...
placeholdermtnear

The Naked Devil

The late John Foss was a legendary kayaker, and a big man with very muscular arms. He had a very strong love of wild nature, and enjoyed running around in his natural attire, ...
dogkissafterbagth

First bath

Clark, a 6-month Springer Spaniel, gets his first grooming session as owner Jim Johnson comforts him and Kelli LaFollette wields the shower head.
westmab

Heads up – W. Magnolia campground and trail will be closed this summer

The West Magnolia Road trail system and campground will be closed this summer while the U.S. Forest Service works on fire mitigation and removing dead standing and downed beetle kill ...