Latest Community News News

Handcuffs

Nederland April Police Reports

On April 4, around midnight, the Nederland Marshal’s Office received a report of a possible identity theft at a local business. The call came from a Gilpin County deputy. The ...
books2

Read in Ned: The Tragedy of Science Education

Geneva Mixon, Nederland “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” ~Albert Einstein I have immense respect for ...
Peter

Peter Mulvey to play Aspen Meadows

Greg Ching, Boulder County Ellis Paul introduced us to Peter Mulvey several years ago. We liked him so much we invited Peter back for his own show. And when folk singer Antje Duvekot ...
mana

Local Cookies have the Stuff Magic is Made Of

Arwen Greer, Peak to Peak Rachel and Gina’s website, manacookies.com, humbly alludes to their “home in the Rockies,” but we all know the world famous “Mana Cookie” had its ...
bailey, sphia, mackenzie and rosie

Mile High League Championship

When the Mile High League Championship started on Friday, Nederland Middle Senior High School was enveloped in a cold grey mist. Athletes from down below gathered inside the gymnasium, ...
good overall shot

Beware of springtime black ice

Barbara Lawlor A firefighter held her hand. After the slide, the flight, the crash, the panic, the arrival of help, the ambulance, the hospital, and the recovery, Mona Crowe looks ...
Kitty

My Kitty and Wildlife

by Deb D’Andrea 4TheLuvOfDogz The domestic cat is one of the most efficient hunters and can have an amazing impact on wildlife, especially mammals, birds and even butterflies.  Research ...
Ned Clean-Up Day

Ned Clean-Up Day

Ned Clean-Up Day 2013 collected 22,750lbs of material. I’m not exactly sure why, but Ned Clean-Up Day is one of my favorite days of the year. Typically the first Saturday after ...