Latest Community News News

bailey, sphia, mackenzie and rosie

Mile High League Championship

When the Mile High League Championship started on Friday, Nederland Middle Senior High School was enveloped in a cold grey mist. Athletes from down below gathered inside the gymnasium, ...
good overall shot

Beware of springtime black ice

Barbara Lawlor A firefighter held her hand. After the slide, the flight, the crash, the panic, the arrival of help, the ambulance, the hospital, and the recovery, Mona Crowe looks ...
Kitty

My Kitty and Wildlife

by Deb D’Andrea 4TheLuvOfDogz The domestic cat is one of the most efficient hunters and can have an amazing impact on wildlife, especially mammals, birds and even butterflies.  Research ...
Ned Clean-Up Day

Ned Clean-Up Day

Ned Clean-Up Day 2013 collected 22,750lbs of material. I’m not exactly sure why, but Ned Clean-Up Day is one of my favorite days of the year. Typically the first Saturday after ...
Calendar2

Community Calendar

Community Calendar, provided by Gail Eddy and Geek For Hire, Inc.
timberline firefighters

Homemade exploding target suspected cause of Peewink Fire

Barbara Lawlor , Boulder County On Sunday afternoon, Sugarloaf residents stood at the entrance to county road 332 that led to the scene of a wild land fire on Peewink Mountain. They ...
BETTY AND PEGGY

9Health Fair draws blood, offers advice

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland 9Health Fair volunteer Ella Olson of Black Hawk did not have long lines of patients waiting to see her. In fact, it appeared to be that some of them, especially ...
The Summer 2014 edition of ALIVE Magazine
Published by the Colorado Tourism Office

Ned featured in National Travel Mag

The Summer 2014 edition of ALIVE MagazinePublished by the Colorado Tourism Office On a few occasions in the past few years, I’ve had the opportunity to interact with Al White, ...