Latest Community News News

Lilly pulling chair

Lilly: hugs and kisses for all

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland When Mikaela Kugel tells Lilly it’s time to go to school, Lilly jumps up and runs to the door, eager to get her jacket on and head to school to see ...
Art at the Center curators Tracy Brewer and Annie Thayer
with Nederland Mayor Joe Gierlach

Art at the Center – Nederland Community Center

Art at the Center curators Tracy Brewer and Annie Thayer with Nederland Mayor Joe Gierlach The Peak to Peak region in and around Nederland attracts the most talented artist residents, ...
grahn

BOT Reviews Grahn PUD

Pam North, Nederland The Nederland Board of Trustees (BOT) met Tuesday evening at 7:00 p.m., May 6, after a work session on quarterly financials. Members present were Mayor Joe Gierlach, ...
Senior Scene with logo

Senior Scene: Our Family Stories

Serene Karplus, Our Family Stories I wish I had known my grandparents. Eager to create a sizeable distance between their parents and their kids, my parents placed an ocean and thousands ...
Handcuffs

Nederland April Police Reports

On April 4, around midnight, the Nederland Marshal’s Office received a report of a possible identity theft at a local business. The call came from a Gilpin County deputy. The ...
books2

Read in Ned: The Tragedy of Science Education

Geneva Mixon, Nederland “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” ~Albert Einstein I have immense respect for ...
Peter

Peter Mulvey to play Aspen Meadows

Greg Ching, Boulder County Ellis Paul introduced us to Peter Mulvey several years ago. We liked him so much we invited Peter back for his own show. And when folk singer Antje Duvekot ...
mana

Local Cookies have the Stuff Magic is Made Of

Arwen Greer, Peak to Peak Rachel and Gina’s website, manacookies.com, humbly alludes to their “home in the Rockies,” but we all know the world famous “Mana Cookie” had its ...