Latest Community News News

Screen shot 2013-01-18 at 6.51.30 AM

A total pain in the neck

Barbara Lawlor Nederland I push a cart through the aisles of the grocery store and know I won’t make it to the dairy section before someone stops, frowns at me and asks, “What ...
Screen shot 2013-01-18 at 6.09.56 AM

Hearty High Country seniors usher in New Year

Sondra Fields Gilpin County “The best senior program ever.” (Anne Wyss) “People who live up here want to stay here.” (Kate Smith) “You’d have to go a long ways to find a ...
nedwebvoucher

NedWEB Gears Up to Benefit Local Economy

by Pam North The new word around town now is NedWEB, not to be confused with that other hot project, NedPeds. Nederland will utilize a small economic grant from Boulder County to conduct ...
Screen shot 2013-01-18 at 6.35.33 AM

Frostbite and Dogs

Deb D’Andrea 4TheLuvOfDogz
Nederland, CO It’s been so cold this week, my girls have only wanted to briefly run outdoors to do their business and happily race right back inside ...
Gilpin County

2012 in Gilpin government

Lynn Hirshman Gilpin County January The first meeting of the year of the Gilpin County Commissioners on Jan. 10 began with the Pledge of Allegiance, led by Chair Forrest Whitman. “We’ve ...
shoplocal

The revolving door of business

Barbara Lawlor Peak to Peak It is difficult to maintain a thriving business in a tourist-dependent economy. If the tourists don’t have disposable income, they don’t dispose ...
Screen shot 2013-01-11 at 6.35.09 AM

Top news stories of 2012

Barbara Lawlor Peak to Peak The year began with promise of change, some of which was welcomed, some of which was challenged by mountain residents. In early spring, the United States ...
Screen shot 2013-01-11 at 6.32.12 AM

A New Year and a New Beginning

Bryan Golden The New Year is a time of resolutions. It’s a time when people commit to making a change in their life. Losing weight, changing jobs, saving money, making money, ...