Latest Community News News

Fishing Club conservation easement amended

John Scarffe, Gilpin County.  The Boulder River Ranch on Pactolus Road and South Beaver Creek Road requested an amendment to an existing conservation easement for an additional building ...

Mountain Movers adept and adorable

#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 25%; } #gallery-1 img { border: ...

Finding of No Significant Impact : Forsythe II Project

[Editor’s note: This is a portion of the entire release. The entire release can be found at http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/arp/landmanagement/projects/?cid=STELPRD3846763.]   Monte ...

Budget, fees and mill levy set for 2017

John Scarffe, Nederland.  The Nederland Board of Trustees approved the 2017 budget, mill levy and fee schedule and the 2016 supplementary budget during a regular meeting at 7 p.m. ...

Ward artist paintings displayed at NCL

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  The months prior to the butchering of her pig, Ward artist Jean Pless had twinges of remorse. Did she really want to do this? She had gone to Jacob ...

Eagles lose two games

Barbara Lawlor, Gilpin County.   The Gilpin High School girls’ basketball team lost an away game to the West Grand Mustangs last Thursday, December 8, 2016. The Mustangs added the ...

Central City Aldermen talk new water rates

Janet Perry, Central City.  The Central City Alderman meeting was called to order by Mayor Ron Engels at 7:09 p.m. on December 6, 2016 in City Hall.  Mayor pro tem Kathy Heider, Alderman ...

Lee named Volunteer of the Year

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  Without our volunteers Nederland wouldn’t be the vital town it is. It is the willingness to help, the eagerness to be involved and the love of our ...

Dognition?

Deb D’Andrea, Nederland.  I love researching my articles, and backing them up with truth and facts. I will begin with one topic in mind that leads me down a rabbit hole of numerous ...
%d bloggers like this: