Latest Community News News

Dr. Camarata, the best of the best!

Eastern, Western healing unite at Health Center

Barbara Lawlor Nederland Dr. Camarata, the best of the best! It’s like one stop shopping. The Columbine Family Health Center has evolved into a united facility of Eastern and ...
Screen shot 2013-01-18 at 6.35.33 AM

Tikis’ Surgery

Well, it’s been a crazy couple of weeks and I’m happy to say that my little Tiki girl is doing great. As a pet parent, it’s up to us to make decisions for our pets and sometimes ...
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 1.50.52 PM

Fellowship on the ice

Barbara Lawlor Nederland On Sunday afternoon, when all three of Nederland’s churches had let out, a group of children, aged six to 12, from the youth groups of the churches gathered ...
Screen shot 2013-02-16 at 1.37.32 PM

Belize fundraiser a stylin’ event

Barbara Lawlor Nederland From all appearances, the Best Western Lodge in Nederland appeared to be hosting a cocktail party. On a cold, February Saturday night, one could hear the Celtic ...
Screen shot 2013-02-10 at 2.57.17 PM

Red Hatters celebrate anniversary

Barbara Lawlor Nederland Warning – When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple By Jenny Joseph When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn’t ...
Screen shot 2013-02-10 at 2.49.47 PM

Nederland Post Office for sale

Barbara Lawlor Nederland A listing with a real estate broker had some Nederland residents concerned that change was going to take place in the Post Office. Not to worry. David Rupert ...
placeholder

From Aging to Ageless: All You Need Is…

Sondra Fields, Ph.D. Nederland Ah yes, its February once again, a month filled with hearts, flowers and chocolate all designed to send us a rush of oxytocin, the feel good hormone, ...
Screen shot 2013-02-10 at 2.41.21 PM

Brainard offers winter amenities

Barbara Lawlor Peak to Peak The big green scissors cut through the big green ribbon stretched in front of the Gateway Trailhead Warming Hut at the winter parking lot and entrance to ...