Latest Community News News

Mountain Family Health Center

Mountain Family Health Center 35th year

Barbara Lawlor Black Hawk Thirty-five years ago, a health clinic was created in Black Hawk in a Welsh-built rock building on the side of the road on the way to Central City. ...
Gilpin County

GILPIN COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS

AUGUST 23, 2013 8:30 a.m. Call to Order 1. Pledge of Allegiance/Moment of Reflection 2. Agenda Review 3. Public/Press Comment—Please limit comments to five minutes 8:35 a.m. Gilpin ...
Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys

15th Annual NedFest

Barbara Lawlor Nederland This is the second year Ned Fest has been produced by the Peak to Peak Music Education Association, which has carried on Nederland’s largest music event ...
Gilpinj county Library

Gilpin Library Footnotes

Larry Grieco, Librarian Gilpin County Having just returned from a two-day workshop on our new “Let’s Talk About It: Muslim Journeys theme, Literary Reflections,” I’m enthusiastic ...
nedpopoimages

Police Department welcomes new officer

Barbara Lawlor Nederland It takes a lot of gumption to change careers mid-life. Chuck Geiger, 38, owned his own business, seemed set in his life and then realized he wanted to do more. ...
local news delivery service

Dear Editor

Newspaper Delivery Dear Editor, Due to an unfortunate auto accident my father had in Connecticut I will be discontinuing my Newspaper delivery service of the New York Times, Wall ...
gilpin county

Officers find a missing person, traffic fatality

Cherokee Blake Gilpin County On Aug. 5, at about 9:30 p.m., deputies took a report of a missing person at1319 Columbine Campground Road. With the assistance from other agencies, the ...
Locals produce donor sibling series documentary

Locals produce donor sibling series

Barbara Lawlor Nederland You never know when a simple question will lead to a nationwide quest for thousands of people seeking the same answers. This journey was led by a local teen. Ryan ...