Latest Community News News

BBQ for your dog?!

BBQ for your dog?!

Deb D’Andrea 4TheLuvOfDogz Nederland, CO While we hover over the BBQ, Fido is typically near to snap up any morsels that fall to the ground. I’ve witnessed several a smart pup ...
Jake Adler

Nederland Police Chief resigns

Dear valued friends, coworkers, employee’s and those who would have concern, Jake Adler It is with a heavy heart and incredibly difficult decision, I notify you all that I am ...
Gilpin Library Footnotes

Gilpin Library Footnotes

Larry Grieco, Librarian Gilpin County J.K. Rowling writing under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith was perhaps the worst kept secret ever. Still, the result was the debut novel in ...
Gilpin County Seniors

Gilpin County Senior Program

September 2013 Events Sept. 2, Happy Labor Day, Closed. Sept. 3, Grocery Shopping at Bergen Park Wal-Mart. Sept. 4, Free Exercise Class at 11:15 a.m., Social Time Lunch at 12:15 p.m. Sept. ...
Phone scam

Judicial Department warns against collection-agency phone scams

Jon Sarché, public information coordinator Colorado Judicial Department Denver The Colorado Judicial Department has received reports of telephone scams involving fake debt-collection ...
Astrology Logo

A Place for Everything

The symbol for the sign of Virgo is the image of the gracious lady. If the sign were to have a motto it would be the adage of a place for everything and everything in its place, and ...
windfarm surreal

This Week’s Weather Nedfest Weather

This Week’s Weather By John McGinley Summer Returns With Highs In The 80s This summer we have had very few five-day periods with highs in the 80. Even though we are in mid August ...
gilpin-fairgrounds-rodeo

Gilpin County Fair Rodeo results and info

Sun shines on Gilpin County Fair Barbara Lawlor Gilpin County Ever since the first Gilpin County Fair, organizers have crossed their fingers, offered up prayers and hoped they ...