Latest Community News News

NES volleyball players ready for action

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  While the wind howls and the snow blows sideways, a group of Nederland Elementary School students know that they will get some exercise, get to hang out ...

Father Christmas and his helper

Barbara Hardt, Gilpin County. Last Sunday, December 18, Roy’s Last Shot held their annual winter customer appreciation buffet. This event is open to everyone and always free to ...

Parfait! Magnifique! Sera de retour!

Pine Apple, Nederland.  It was a cold night in the middle of the week when we ventured out for a family feast. Destination: Crosscut Pizzeria & Taphouse on First Street in Nederland. ...

Holiday Meals and Market Thanks

Serene Karplus, Nederland.  Thank you to the entire mountain community of all ages for supporting local artisans and nonprofits at the huge Holiday Mountain Market last weekend. This ...

High School Wrestling at Wheat Ridge

Pete Morgan, Gilpin County.   The Gilpin County High School Wrestlers were at Wheat Ridge High School on Saturday and absolutely dominated the larger 4A teams ending the day with ...

Read in Ned: A temporary escape from reality

Roberta Brown-Jones, Nederland.   Saddened by the state of the world these days, I began searching for something to read that would take me out of my bad frame of mind.  My criteria ...

Its a Christmas Gift miracle!

Do you need a great stocking stuffer or last minute gift? We have it all right here with just a few clicks. Give a gift that lasts all year long, a one year subscription to The Mountain-Ear ...

Ned girls grab first win of season

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  After three losses since the beginning of the basketball season, the Nederland Panther girls won their first bout with Denver Academy, 24-10, Thursday, ...

TECH TRENDS: Internet searching tips

Gail Eddy, Nederland.   More than once I have been extremely frustrated trying to find something on the internet.  Internet searching either gives WAY too much information or info ...
%d bloggers like this: