Latest Community News News

Panthers enter soccer season

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  On Friday, March 16, 2017, the Nederland Panther girls’ soccer team hosted the Grand Valley Cardinals on the Panther home field at Pleasant View in Boulder. ...

Board ignited by fire ban, funding requests

Happy Birthday LindaCommissioner and former Board Chair Linda Isenhart celebrated her birthday during a long meeting of the Gilpin County Board of Commissioners on March 14. John Scarffe, ...

Boulder County proposes affordable housing

John Scarffe, Nederland.  Representatives of the Boulder County Department of Housing & Human Services (BCHA) presented a plan for an affordable housing building to about 25 Nederland ...

Hikes and Events

Rattlesnake Hike. Saturday April 8, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Rabbit Mountain Open Space, NE of Lyons on north 55th Street, meet at group shelter. Enjoy a moderate 2-mile hike and learn ...

Moving into fire season

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  Three weeks ago, Nederland Fire Protection District firefighters went through their wildland fire packs, replaced the power bars and cleaned out the ...

Read in Ned: Graphic Novels

Celine Cooper, Nederland.  For as long as I can remember, I’ve been an avid reader. Throughout my childhood and into my teen and adult life, I have had at least 2-3 books that I ...

Tick Season

Deb D’Andrea, Nederland.  Due to shifts in weather, it is anticipated this will be a stellar year for ticks. Already, I have read reports of ticks being found on Magnolia and Ridge ...

Explosion suspects arrested

Barbara Lawlor, Boulder County.  Last month, two men involved in last year’s hash-oil explosion that destroyed a Big Springs home were arrested on charges related to the fire. David ...

NMSHS band, orchestra presents spring music

#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: ...
%d bloggers like this: