Latest Community News News

Black hawk, CO fireworks

Black Hawk fireworks a go, for now

Linda Detroy Black Hawk City and fire officials in Black Hawk expect to celebrate the Fourth of July with a fireworks show set to music, but they say that could change at any moment. ...
nederland fire crew loan from ND

Another Fire! Black Hills Fire Fighters Help

Barbara Lawlor Gilpin County On Wednesday, June 26, a smoke sighting in the remote area of Dakota Hill in Gilpin County sparked a gathering of resources worthy of a major wild ...
Joe Gierlach, Nederland mayor,

Nederland mayor re-elected to CML Board

Lisa C. White Denver Joe Gierlach, Nederland mayor, was re-elected to the Colorado Municipal League (CML) Executive Board by municipal officials from around the state during the 91st ...
Screen shot 2013-04-05 at 2.33.21 PM

Happy Fourth of July; Leave Fido home

Deb D’Andrea Nederland Wow, I can’t believe it’s already the Fourth of July. This holiday, as with most holidays, can be hard on pets traveling in the hot summer heat or even ...
Independence-Day

From Aging to Ageless: A New Declaration for All

Sondra Fields, Ph.D. Nederland The Summer Solstice has passed. Summer is officially here, and with it July’s festive commemorations of the day our forefathers signed into law protection ...
Nederland CO fireworks display

4th of July Happenings

Independence Day Pam North Nederland Wikipedia’s definition of America’s traditional patriotic holiday is this: “Independence Day, also known as the Fourth of July, ...
Mountain wild fire crew

Coal Creek Canyon Home Goes Up in Flames

Barbara Lawlor - Coal Creek Canyon By the time neighbors saw the smoke and flames, a Lillis Road home off Ranch Elsie Road in Jefferson County was well on its way to being destroyed ...
MARTIN

Cats, Indoor or Outdoor Freedom?

Deb D’Andrea 4TheLuvOfDogz Nederland, CO The age old debate by several mountain cat companions continues, do I let my mountain cat explore the great outdoors and risk becoming an ...