Latest Community News News

CCGlp20

Gilpin County Corner : Giving thanks for Gilpin County’s resources

Roger Baker, Gilpin County Manager.  Writing a Thanksgiving column about County government is always a little difficult; the particulars of what we are grateful for in Gilpin County ...
girls power2

Pressure to be the Perfect Girl

Ann Sherman, Nederland.  The room at Nederland Middle School filled with dads, moms, and daughters aged 9 -14 years – all eager to focus on the lives of young women in 2015.  Although ...
books

Gilpin Library Footnotes

Larry Grieco, Librarian.   Some of you will remember the fifties better than you remember the sixties. Those adolescent days conjure up memories that are often clearer than the ones ...
ELDORA CHEERING ON LIFT

Eldora opens to rave reviews

#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: ...
efaa bags

EFAA brings food, services, gifts

#gallery-3 { margin: auto; } #gallery-3 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 25%; } #gallery-3 img { border: ...
harvest serving turkey

Harvest Festival cheer

#gallery-4 { margin: auto; } #gallery-4 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-4 img { border: ...
elk nice horns

Being grateful

A few night ago, I decided I would make a list of all that I was thankful for. But when I sat down at the computer, my mind was muddled. Maybe I was tired and the words had gone to ...
veterans two vets

Veterans carry on tradition

Barbara Lawlor, Gilpin County.   Horizontal snow pelted the Gilpin County Veteran’s Memorial last Wednesday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. The wind was brutal, the temperatures too ...
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Weather blesses Eldora opening

#gallery-5 { margin: auto; } #gallery-5 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 20%; } #gallery-5 img { border: ...
%d bloggers like this: