Latest Community News News

rink new benches

Nederland R.I.N.K. Ready for skating

Barbara Lawlor,  Nederland.  As of Monday, the NedRink ice is ready to go but rink managers are waiting to get their liability insurance reinstated. For the past couple of weeks, ...
beowulf cast

Fourth graders put on extraordinary Beowulf show

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  Probably one of the oldest stories in the English language, Beowulf is often required reading for high school students. Sometimes they are asked to memorize ...
christmas

Merry war on Christmas

Mark Cohen, Nederland.  Yesterday, December 7th, 2015 – a date which will live on in infamy – the War on Christmas was suddenly and deliberately attacked by the hot air forces ...
npd tomasko

New NPD officers sworn in

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  Two Nederland Police Department officers were officially sworn in by Nederland Municipal Judge David Gloss on Saturday morning. David Stage and Troy Tomasko ...

Local is part of award-winning environmental project

Barbara Lawlor, Peak to Peak.   David Walker’s grandmother was born in Black Hawk in 1898, his great grandfather was a miner, and David became a rock climber. His family was known ...
tommyknocers christmas and girl

Tommyknockers Bazaar brings past to life

#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: ...
cc tree crossing street

Gilpin K-5 students decorate CC tree

#gallery-2 { margin: auto; } #gallery-2 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 20%; } #gallery-2 img { border: ...
christmas

A better world, a stronger town, and loving spirits

Hansen Wendlandt, Nederland.  Christmas has a tendency to bring out the worst in some people. The red cup controversy would have been just one ignorant blogger lost in the Internet ...
smart_phones_new

Step away from the smart phone

Four tips to unplug to feel  happier and calmer Shannon Gwash, Peak to Peak.  As I write, I’m sitting in front of a computer with two email accounts open, three social media tabs ...
%d bloggers like this: