Latest Community News News

Dog farts!

Deb D’Andrea, Nederland.  As I sit here thinking about what my topic was going to be this week, a smell wafted over to me; oh that smell of dog farts! My Girls are typically pretty ...

Gilpin Wrestling

Jeff Warner, Gilpin County.  As an athlete, Gilpin High School junior Josh Trujillo is progressing in leaps and bounds. So says coach Pete Morgan after Trujillo wrestled to near perfection ...

Ned plays Gilpin next Thursday

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.   The Nederland High School boys’ basketball team played the Front Range Christian Falcons last Tuesday and were overcome, 42-93. Senior Jaylen Rasdall ...

Ned girls lose close game

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  A week ago Tuesday the Nederland Panther girls basketball team played their last home game until Feb. 9. They hosted the Front Range Christian Falcons and ...

Popularity perpetrates parking problems

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  In past years, Eldora Mountain Resort has experienced ‘parking lot full’ issues a few times a year. During the past holidays, especially after the large ...

Gilpin girls drop two games

Barbara Lawlor, Gilpin County.  In the past week, the Gilpin Eagle girls played two away games and lost one in a third period stall and the other by a large margin.   On Tuesday, ...

Getting Financially F.I.T.

John Bohan, Nederland.  The holidays are over and if you’re like me you feel a little bit lighter – in your wallet, that is.  Unfortunately, there isn’t a gym we can join to ...

Nederland Area Seniors : February Events

Serene Karplus, Nederland. Luncheon Programs Conversation Café: This monthly circle meets 12:45pm-2:00pm to share wisdom and experience on a variety of topics—a great opportunity ...

Brown-headed rosy finches

Clyde Burnett, Peak to Peak.  The springtime flocks of hundreds of brown-headed rosy finches have not been observed on my deck for nearly 20 years. A few small flocks have been reported ...
%d bloggers like this: