Latest Community News News

MFHC C

Gilpin Commissioners address MFHC closing

Lynn Hirshman, Gilpin County.  On September 8, the Gilpin County Commissioners held their third meeting to discuss how to provide interim services in light of the fact that Mountain ...
ncc kiernan

Cross country teams run at Lyons

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  Team colors splashed the Lyons cross country trails with maroon, white, navy blue, teal, gold and black as 240 boys streamed around the school paths and ...
marijuana plants

Rescues, fires and marijuana grows

Barbara Lawlor, Boulder County.  It was a busy few weeks for emergency rescuers and mountain deputies. On Monday, September 25, hikers located what they believed to be a marijuana ...
trophy winners

Town restores Bocce tourney

Barbara Lawlor, Gold Hill.     On the Saturday before the Fourth of July, a bunch of Gold Hill residents tried to shrug off the feeling that there was something they should be doing. ...
straight up

Gilpin Fair blessed with sun, crowds

Barbara Lawlor, Gilpin County. Sometimes things work out as planned. Seldom has the Gilpin County Fair gone the entire weekend without a thunderstorm. Last weekend was the exception. ...
books

Read in Ned: Music

Amy Carrill, Peak to Peak.     The Nederland Community Library is hosting a fun, free event for the entire community. On Saturday, August 16th at 5:00 p.m., the musical group Standard ...
pam-raccoons1

Meet the Press : Pam North

Twenty-four years ago, I came from Austin, Texas to Colorado, fulfilling a dream I had had most of my life to return there. Denver was the first home I remembered as a little girl, ...
climate

Solution for climate change?

Dear Editor, Thanks for the excellent August 5th Read in Ned column which, after giving a number of good resources for information on global warming, concluded, “human survivability ...