Latest Community News News

Your furnace deserves a hot date

Hilliary Mites, HVACR Tech, Boulder.  It is the middle of winter, and if you’re the proud owner of a gas furnace, it may be the time to show some love to your hearth. Here are a ...

January Nederland Police

On Jan. 9, the Nederland Police Department received a report of shoplifting at a local shop. According to the witness three white males and one white female left the store and the clerk ...

TECH TRENDS: Tech terms decoded – CPU

Gail Eddy, Nederland.  Are you as confused as I sometimes am about common Tech Terms?  I’ve done some digging to see if I can help explain CPU in non-Tech terms.   Computer ...

Black Hawk Emergency Operations Center gets ready

John Scarffe, Black Hawk.  Black Hawk City Council members toured the new R.A. Clark Emergency Operations Center at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, February 22, 2017. The Aldermen expressed enthusiasm ...

Panther girls end season

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  After a season defined by playing with grit and good hearts, the Nederland girls’ basketball team ended their season with a playoff loss against the ...

Climate Conversations: Earth’s energy imbalance

Clyde Burnett, Boulder County.  Question: NOAA and NASA have stated that 2016 had the highest temperature for 137 years, but TV doesn’t mention global warming or climate change. ...

Snowboarder airlifted to hospital after head injury

Barbara Lawlor, Eldora.  On  Sunday, Febraury 26, 2017, a 25-year-old snowboarder was transported by Northern Colorado Medivac helicopter to a Denver metro area hospital after ...

Gilpin students debut at Science Bowl

Barbara Lawlor, Gilpin County.  Last month, five Gilpin High School students and five Gilpin Middle School students competed in the 2017 Colorado Science Bowl.   It was the first ...

Barstow opens show at GCPL

Barbara Lawlor, Gilpin County.  Nine years ago, photographer Les Barstow had finally arrived at the waterfall at Ricketts Glen, Pennsylvania, his destination for the day’s shoot. ...
%d bloggers like this: