Latest Community News News

NCL Logo

Read in Ned: Back to School for Grownups

Celine Cooper, Nederland.  Do you ever wish you could learn a new skill or new language but feel like you don’t have the time or resources? Are you possibly looking for a new vocation ...
NAS logo

Senior Scene : Home Sweet Home

Serene Karplus, Nederland.  Celebrating a 100th birthday is big, be it for a person or for a cabin surviving in our rugged mountain climate. Both require a lot of care and maintenance ...
anita-whitaker-feeley-jake

Living with Coyotes

Deb D’Andrea, Nederland.  The other day as I was working around my property, I heard coyote calls nearby, their short, staccato yip-yap-howling accompanied by shorter howls as they ...
bull-nice-face

Gilpin County Fair

Barbara Lawlor, Rollinsville.  A cold wind blew over the Gilpin County fairgrounds on Saturday afternoon, August 20, 2016. People pulled on their sweatshirts and jackets, frowned, ...
teamwork

Greg Willson, finding solutions from Nederland to Kenya

Greg Willson, finding solutions from Nederland to Kenya Janet Perry Nederland It’s never surprising to see Greg Willson involved in some creative, new community sustainability ...
policesirens

July Black Hawk Police Reports

July Black Hawk Police Reports On 7/1/16 an Officer was dispatched to the Lady Luck Hotel for a reported disturbance in progress. Upon arrival and investigation completion, two parties ...
rollinville forest and tim

Rollinsville frees itself again ( Check out these great pictures! )

Rollinsville frees itself again Barbara Lawlor Rollinsville The annual parade consisted of: One very former governor making promises One fire engine honking its horn One politician ...
letterseditor

Dear Editor, The Nederland Elementary School PTA thanks…..

Dear Editor,   The Nederland Elementary School PTA would like to give an enormous, heart-felt thanks to the Train Cars Coffee and Yogurt Company for donating ice cream for our ...
letterseditor

Dear Editor, Nederland’s Holiday Mountain Market 2016

Dear Editor, Nederland’s Holiday Mountain Market 2016 is only fourteen weeks away! The event is the first weekend of December (12/3 and 12/4) and we are now accepting applications ...
%d bloggers like this: