Featured Community News News

Latest Community News News

FDGD crowds throng Visitor Center

John Scarffe, Nederland.   “Where do you get tickets for this Frozen Dead Guy thing?” That was one of the first questions that came up at the Nederland Visitor Center, even ...

Very Nice brews in Mid-County

John Scarffe, Gilpin County.    Very Nice Brewing requested a Special Use Review (SUR) for a brewing and tasting room in Braecher Park in mid-Gilpin County during a regular ...

Read in Ned: Married with Wives

Susan Gerhart, Nederland.  “I would never ever, worlds without end, even if I could control all events, willingly go back to being a monogamous wife.” Anonymous plural wife.   Joseph ...

Teen Tech Thursdays

Michael Carlson, Gilpin County.  February kicked off our “Teen Tech Thursdays”. We started with two teens at the first session and doubled that at the next session. Teens are historically ...

Mike Keeler appointed to Main Street Commission

Janet Perry, Central City.  Central City’s new Mayor Heider opened up the February 21, 2017 Alderman Meeting at 7:00 p.m. in the Gilpin County Courthouse. Alderman Laratta and Alderman ...

TECH TRENDS: Acronyms for texting

Gail Eddy, Nederland.  Are you ever mystified by some of the acronyms that show up in your text messages, or sometimes on Facebook as well?  More than once I’ve had to look ...

Winter Adventure on the hill

#gallery-5 { margin: auto; } #gallery-5 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-5 img { border: ...

NMSHS scientists compete at district

Barbara Lawlor, Nederland.  Each year at the White Rose Ceremony, science teacher Al Real goes home with a bouquet of flowers presented to him by his students. Most of them ...

First Fat Bike Rally: frozen festival keeper

#gallery-8 { margin: auto; } #gallery-8 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-8 img { border: ...
%d bloggers like this: