Community News

Boulder County sustainability grant to Nederland

The Sustainability Matching Grant was established in 2014 to support sustainability efforts in Boulder County communities. The 2024 grant program is funded by revenue from the Sustainability Tax. This year, Nederland was awarded $15,000 to help address its sustainability needs. Nederland will use this money to continue funding the Sustainability Coordinator position. This position was created in 2020 and filled […]

Taking on bullying

“I’m here because I’m always bullied at school,” Misty shared. She’s sitting on the floor in our play therapy room, having pulled out two small figurines from our shelves. The taller, older looking girl was repeatedly hitting the smaller, younger girl. “Has this been going on for a while?” I asked. Misty looked up from her play. “I guess. Ever […]

What’s happening at Gilpin Parks & Rec

Gilpin County Community Center 250 Norton Drive, Black Hawk gilpincounty.colorado.gov 303-582-1453 www.facebook.com/gilpincounty.org Pool Hours – WINTER *Please call to confirm prior to coming *Now closed on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday* Monday and Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. (closed 12 – 4:30 p.m.) 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Saturday: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Building […]

Clearing up potential misperceptions

Dear Nederland Residents, On February 20, 2024, the Town Board of Trustees (BOT) passed Ordinance 859, granting special review use (SRU) for a private childcare center at 750 W. 5th Street proposed by TEENS, Inc. We understand that people opposed to this childcare center have organized a referendum petition to stop this project from moving forward. If they get 67 […]

Cracker BARREL

Thursday, March 14 The Nederland Food Pantry and Clothing Closet are available to residents of our Peak to Peak community every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. until noon in the west wing of the Nederland Community Center, 750 Highway 72. For more information visit nederlandfoodpantry.org. The Mountain People’s Co-op Board meets […]

Gilpin Republicans caucus despite snow

The Gilpin County Republican Committee (GCRC) held their precinct caucus on March 7, 2024 at the Gilpin County Public School. Committee Chair Marie Mornis presented the purpose of the meeting and the description of the meeting process. The purpose of the meeting was: • To elect up to two precinct captains • To select delegates and alternates to represent each […]

Gilpin County Seniors

March 14 – Grocery shopping at Bergen Park King Soopers March 15 – Senior Fit class 11 a.m., Lunch at 12:15 p.m., Free Bingo March 18 – Senior Fit class 11 a.m. March 20 – Senior Fit class 11 a.m., Lunch at 12:15 p.m., Birthday party March 21 – Grocery shopping Bergen Park Walmart March 22 – Senior Fit class […]

Pet of the Week: Pluto

FREE

So long, I’ve been looking too hard I’ve been waiting too long Sometimes I don’t know when I will find A human to call my own I only know it’s a matter of time When you long to love someone When you just need someone It feels so long, 145 days, so warm and true I need to know, do […]

Changing names to honor Colorado’s Indigenous women

The spiritual and mental strength of Indigenous women are part of what makes them pillars of their communities and beyond. They are leaders. Tribes across Colorado are focused on preserving their cultures, including showing respect and honoring Indigenous women. In 2022 and 2023, 28 landmarks in our state – including peaks, valleys, lakes, and streams – received new names, some […]

A stoked Level 1 Ladies Rail Jam

Based in Denver, Level 1 production company was conceived in 1999 to document the rise of freestyle skiing. A family of talented filmmakers, athletes, photographers, and designers, they trek the globe to capture compelling images of the best skiing action, delivering premium content and stories to the big screen, TV, and the internet. Their latest endeavor was filmed on March […]

Category Pages are limited to 90 days. Please use the archive page or the search box to find older articles.