Kathy Bremers, Coal Creek Canyon. The personal rewards and satisfaction received from the fire and rescue service are often beyond description.
There is a tremendous sense of accomplishment after knocking down a structure fire or controlling a wildland fire, compassion for accident victims and those in need of emergency medical care, and a strong sense of pride knowing that you have helped your community.
Joining the Coal Creek Canyon Fire Protection District (CCCFPD) as a volunteer firefighter is a serious decision and involves a profound commitment.
In addition to a desire to help people, you also need courage, dedication, assertiveness, and a willingness to face new challenges.
Membership to the CCCFPD is open to anyone who meets the following qualifications:
* Is between 18 and 60 years old
* Resides within the Coal Creek Canyon Fire Protection District
* Has a current, valid Colorado Driver’s License
* Has a high school diploma or equivalent
* Is in good physical health (e.g., able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds at waist height)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete CCCFPD Membership Application Packet.
For more information please visit http://www.coalcreekcanyonfd.org/volunteer/ The application period begins January 1, 2017 ending February 15, 2017.